The New Media Caucus invites panel proposals for a 1.5-hour affiliated panel open session to be held during the 2013 College Art Association annual conference in New York City. Proposals should be submitted by panel chairs who will organize the session including its call for submissions or invitations. The NMC executive board will assist with providing liaison to CAA, administration, publicity, etc.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
* A completed Proposal Application Form
* A current CV, submitted as PDF.
* 300 – 600 word abstract addressing:
*** concept for the panel
*** areas of investigation
*** questions the panel will raise
*** specific topic areas presenters might address
Media-N Journal of the New Media Caucus will publish a conference edition after the CAA conference with reports from all NMC sponsored activities. To this end, Chairs will be responsible for writing a report about the panel in addition to collecting, editing and arranging the materials from their panelists for the journal edition. There is great flexibility regarding how to achieve the publishing requirement. In the past, some chairs and panelists have chosen to publish traditional papers, others have created a transcript of the presentation and discussion, or published an interview format. Once a panel is accepted, the Editor-in-Chief of Media-N will contact the chair(s) to further discuss and plan for the publishing requirement. All materials for publication must be completed by mid-April after the conference.
* It is okay for two individuals to apply as co-chairs.
* Multiple proposals will NOT be accepted.
* Panel chairs (and panelists) must be NMC members – it is free to join.
* Panel chairs (and panelists) do not need to be CAA members.
* NMC does not fund conference fees, transportation, or hotels for chairs or panelists.
* 1.5 hour sessions at CAA are free and open to the public.
* Chairing or presenting during a 1.5 hour session does not disqualify you from chairing a panel or serving as a panelist in 2.5 hour session at CAA.
Peer review will occur shortly after the deadline.
Notification of acceptance will be late May.
The chosen panel will be submitted to CAA in early June.
Email submissions by May 11th, 2012 to Paul Catanese