The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of an MFA from a Western accredited university in Digital/Electronic Media
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree with an emphasis on new media design or other relevant advanced digital art; and current or recent college-level teaching experience. Candidates should have expertise in emerging media with a focus on web-design/authoring.
- Have expertise in a combination of the following areas:
- Installation & performance
- Electronics, microcontrollers and physical computing
- Interactive software such as MAX/MSP/Jitter, Max for Live, Isadora, Quartz Composer, VVVV, Pure data, Arduino, etc.
- Web software such as Adobe CC, Hype, Google Web Designer
- App building software such as Xcode, iAd Producer
- Have a broad knowledge of history, theory and practice as it applies to digital & emerging media
- Be community-minded and team oriented
- Have social and theoretical understandings of technology, art and culture
- Have experience and proficiency in teaching studio and lecture courses
- Design skills and interest in interdisciplinary projects a plus
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, UAE
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.