- Shorts of all genres, style and narrative form are allowed, realised from January 1st 2017.
- The short films must have a maximum length of 20 minutes (with credits).
- The registration fee for each film is 8 USD.
- In no case the registration fee can be paid back; it has to be considered a contribution to the Associazione Culturale Laterale for the realization of Laterale Film Festival.
- The works’ selection will be made by the Festival Artistic Direction and will have to remain confidential until the announcement of the programme.
- The works will have to be sent no later than March 31st 2019.
- Once selected the short films cannot be withdrawn from the Festival.
- Some of the selected workframes might be used for promotional purposes of the Festival.
- The selected shorts will join the records of the Laterale Film Festival. The organisers commit themselves to use the shorts only for cultural purposes within the Festival itself. Therefore, the works won’t be commercially exploited, to protect the interest of the authors and of the production.
- The Festival's direction reserves the right to include in the Official Selection those films that exceed a bit the scheduled time limits but that can be considered significant for artistic values.
- The participation to the project implies the total acceptation of the present regulation. The Festival’s direction has the final judgement on controversial cases.
Call for Entries 2019: http://www.lateralefilmfestival.com/en/call-for-entries/
LATERALE FILM FESTIVAL is an international non competitive Film Festival of cinematic art organized by Associazione Culturale Laterale.
The aim of the project is to enhance the most innovative aspects of audio-visual languages of the contemporary world and to reduce the distance between artistic research and public involvement. Particular attention will be paid to young and independent filmmakers and to self-made no-budget works, as result of their own individual search.
The third edition of LATERALE FILM FESTIVAL will take place in Cosenza (Southern Italy) at Cinema San Nicola from June 7th to 9th 2019. The Festival promotes a free and stimulating common ground of sharing, that shows what usually is neglected or rejected, result of the distance from the conventional way to do and to interpret the Cinema. A space that breaks down barriers and preconceived notions, type-approval and standardisation, a space that looks forward to developing into an artistic laboratory where you can choose now the Cinema of the future.