Call for Panel Proposals – CAA Los Angeles 2018
The New Media Caucus invites proposals for a 1.5-hour affiliated panel session to be held during the 2018 College Art Association annual conference in Los Angeles.
Proposals must address issues related to new media. Panel chairs will submit the proposal and organize the session, including the call for submissions. The NMC Exhibitions & Events Committee will assist with providing liaison to CAA, administration, publicity, etc.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
- 3-page CV, submitted as PDF
- 300 – 600 word abstract addressing:
- concept for the panel
- areas of investigation
- questions the panel will raise
- specific topic areas presenters might address
PUBLISHING REQUIREMENT: Media-N Journal of the New Media Caucus will publish a conference edition after the CAA conference, showcasing conference proceedings sponsored by the NMC. To this end, Individuals are required to submit materials for the journal edition. Media-N offers flexibility regarding how to achieve the publishing requirement. Once invitations are accepted, the Editor-in-Chief of Media-N will contact the chair(s) to further discuss and plan for the publishing requirement. All materials for publication must be completed by mid-April after the conference.
- Two people may apply as co-chairs.
- Proposals should only list the chair. A call for contributors goes out June 3.
- Multiple proposals are not accepted.
- Panel chairs (and panelists) must be NMC members. There are no membership fees. JOIN NMC
- Panel chairs (and panelists) must be CAA members.
- NMC does not fund conference fees, transportation, or hotels for chairs or panelists.
- Panel participants must either register for the CAA conference or buy a one-day pass.
- Chairing or presenting during a 1.5 hour session does not disqualify you from chairing a panel or serving as a panelist in a general CAA session.
TIMELINE: Peer review will occur shortly after the deadline.
DEADLINE: April 3, 2017. Email submissions to Joyce Rudinsky, firstname.lastname@example.org.