Balancing Actions: Video and new genres revisiting the myth of balance in Artmaking for the parent-artist
An artist is never off the clock, art making and ideas don’t happen on schedule. Balancing family time, studio time and work time leaves little personal time—time to think, time to be. In this public program a curated screening of artists’ time-based and new genre works revisit the myths of “having it all” as being a precarious balance between art making, family-life and other distractions. Curated works respond-to and explore the role of parent-artist.
Artists are invited to submit video and new genre works for curatorial consideration by Myrel Chernick and Niku Kashef for this and future related screenings.
- One to two pieces per artist.
- Each piece no longer than 3 minutes – complete works, no trailers
- No title cards or end credits - a title card will be created for each piece to include: Artist’s name; Title of
piece (if applicable)
- Upload to Vimeo- allow downloading on video settings
- Title your Vimeo video AND file: LastName_FirstName_TitleOfWork
- Email the Vimeo link to: email@example.com
- Please use the following for the subject line of your email: “Your Name and Title of Submission”
- In the body of the email please include a 50 character bio and include a website or reference URL to
your work; your contact phone number; and contact email
- All submission uploads due February 1st, 2019
The screening and program will take place at the 107th College Art Association National Conference in New York City at the Hilton Midtown on Friday, Feburary 15th, 2019 from 10:30-Noon through the ARTspace programming that is screening in MediaLounge. This programming is produced by CAA's Services to Artists Committee. This screening will be open to the public. Neither conference registration nor CAA membership is required for submission of work or attendance to the screening.