Now in its fourth year, the Performing Media Festival [PMF~ 2020] will be held February 20-21st in South Bend, Indiana on the campus of IU South Bend. We are seeking performative audio-visual works to present at this year's festival. If you are interested in submitting a work for consideration, please fill out the form below. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is November 15th 2019 (11:59 PM EST).
Acceptances will be sent via email by December 1st 2019 (11:59 PM EST).
There are three categories:
1) Live Multimedia Ensemble Works: For performance by the Audio-Visual Collective (AVC) (see criteria)
2) Audio-Visual Performance (performance hall https://bit.ly/2pdFy4Q or Langlab https://www.langlabsb.com/): video, 2-5 channel. Criteria: The Audio-Visual Collective at South Bend seeks works that meet the following 3 requirements:
1. Involve performative media (Live)
2. Involve at least two media (Audio & Visual)
3. Involve at least two performers (Ensemble)
For more information about the ensemble, visit: https://www.facebook.com/AVC.Ensemble/
3) Screenings (generative or fixed-media, audio-visual): 10 minutes or less, video, 2-70 channels of audio. For our screenings, due to the nature of the festival, we seek works that are either generative or live captures of performative media.
Unfortunately, the Performing Media Festival will not be able to provide compensation or accommodation for artists and performers to attend the festival. Artists who choose to submit a work for performance by the Audio-Visual Collective or for screening during the festival (categories 1 & 4) are not required to attend. For performers and artist who are able to attend and perform during the festival, we will be able to provide you with documentation of your work. We will provide all artists with a copy of the program from the festival.
There is no application fee or registration fee for the festival.
We strongly encourage submissions from traditionally underrepresented artists.
Apply Here: https://forms.gle/bNM33uSmMwvhfcwQ7