Attention: Graduate Coordinators
The CAA Services to Artists Committee (SAC) invites you to show your graduate students’ video works at the 2018 College Art Association Conference (CAA) in Los Angeles. The SAC hosts free offerings in ARTspace and MediaLounge. This year we have two screening opportunities in MediaLounge for MA and MFA video work, we would love to include your students’ works. ARTspace and MediaLounge function as a “conference within a conference” of innovative programs that are of special interest to artists, emerging professionals, and artist / educators.
ARTspace and MediaLounge programming offer an informal, dynamic setting with sessions, panels, screenings, curated media, distinguished artists interviews, exhibition opportunities and other social events. These programs are free and open to the public, and do not require CAA membership or registration fees for the conference to participate or attend.
This year, the conference will return to Los Angles for its 106th Annual Conference taking place on place February 21-24, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Complete conference information is available at http://www.collegeart.org/conference/
I invite you to submit works from your graduate students for these screenings. There will be two screenings slotted for Wednesday February 21, 12-1:30 in MediaLounge and on Thursday February 22, 2018 from 2p-3:30p
Specifics to participate/submit works are as follows:
- One piece per graduate student
- Each piece no longer than 5 minutes
- No title cards or end credits - a title card will be created for each piece to include: Artist’s name; Title (if applicable); School Affiliation
- Upload to Vimeo- allow downloading on video settings
- Title your Vimeo video AND file: School_Title_FirstName_LastName
- Email the Vimeo link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include school and name in subject line of your email
- All submission uploads due Friday 2/16/18 - 11:59pm
This contribution is voluntary. We do not have honoraria or travel funding, however, we hope you be able to participate and understand the enormous value these sessions provide the artists and students who participate in CAA’s programming.
Graduate coordinators ONLY. Contact Niku Kashef, Chair of SAC, with any questions.