Job posting: https://apply.interfolio.com/74377
The Department of Arts and Entertainment Technologies in the School of Design and Creative Technologies at The University of Texas at Austin (UT) seeks a faculty colleague with a focus in Interactive Storytelling. We encourage applications from both academics and seasoned practitioners eager to join our team in reinventing art and design education for the twenty-first century. This is a non-tenure track, Assistant or Associate Professor of Practice that requires relocation to Austin, TX. Salary is competitive; rank commensurate with experience. Earliest start date is August 2020.
Candidates for this position must:
- Have a strong portfolio of recent work demonstrating interactive storytelling projects for at least one of the following: games, immersive media, or physical spaces (more than one is preferred).
- Have experience using storytelling to communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Have earned a terminal degree in their field, OR demonstrate equivalent professional experience and experience with teaching, training, or leadership.
- Have a record of working productively and collegially with people of diverse disciplines, ranks, races, ethnicities, nationalities, gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to expanding the diversity of the department’s faculty and students and to creating a productive department culture inclusive of differing backgrounds and viewpoints.
We are particularly interested in candidates who:
- Have completed projects which use interactive storytelling for transformational purposes, such as data visualization, themed interactive experiences, brand or research storytelling, education, political or social issues, or other novel uses of interactive systems.
- Have experience teaching both small- and large-enrollment courses, hybrid or online courses, training, or serialized video.
- Have experience developing outcome focused courses and curricula with clear student assessment and benchmarks.
- Engage with the field of arts and entertainment technologies on issues of diversity and/or inclusion.
Questions about the application process and Interfolio may be directed to SDCT Executive Assistant Mr. Cameron Weed at email@example.com; questions about the positions themselves may be directed to search committee chair Prof. Michael Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).