Assistant / Associate Professor of Game and Interactive Media Design is a nine-month tenure track appointment with a start date of August 1, 2022. We are seeking a Game and Interactive Media Specialist to complement our existing faculty. Teaching responsibilities are three studio courses per semester with additional expectations for scholarship and service. The successful candidate will hold a Master’s degree with experience in the field, though a Master of Fine Arts or Doctorate is preferred. Arkansas Tech offers a benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, and participation in TIAA-CREF retirement plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, teach, and assess undergraduate courses in Game Interactive Media and Art
- Engage students in high-impact learning practices
- Effectively advise/mentor students at the undergraduate (and graduate when appropriate) level.
- Develop a sustainable scholarship program, including seeking external funds to support the program
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and professional service to the university, community, and state
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellent teaching, scholarship, and service
- Participation in departmental and university-wide committees
- Student advising, assessment, recruitment, and retention
- Maintaining computer labs and equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient using 2d imaging, 3d software, and/or game engine tools such as Adobe CC, Maya, and Unreal Engine 4 to create animations, games, or other interactive media.
The successful candidate will hold, at minimum, a Master’s Degree with experience in the field. However, a Master of Fine Arts or Doctorate is preferred, and a strong record of professional or artistic activity and accomplishments.
- Strong foundation in traditional artforms that is evident in the portfolio
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of form, silhouette, color, and lighting
- Solid texturing and painting skills
- Experience creating concept art and/or storyboards
- Experience developing advanced rigs and/or animating using motion capture
- Experience with modern programming or scripting languages
- Evidence of or potential for fostering an inclusive environment for diverse populations
- Demonstrate evidence of being a theorist and practitioner
- Evidence of previous interdisciplinary collaboration
Work Location, Environment, and Physical Demands
The Game and Interactive Media Design labs are located in the Norman Hall Art building, and the Game and Interactive Media annex; both labs are dedicated to the game and interactive media students.
What to Submit
- Letter of application indicating qualifications for the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3-5 professional references
- Teaching philosophy
- Link to a portfolio/ related work and examples of student work
- Unofficial copy of transcripts
To be considered for the position of Assistant/ Associate Professor of Game & Interactive
Media, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system,
Cornerstone prior to the closing date on March 14, 2022 before 5:00 pm central time.
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction
or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a
relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a
confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a
diverse workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.