MARÍA FERNANDA MORGAN TRINIDAD
MÓNICA LILIAN IBARRA REYES
NAYELI DANAE MAGAÑA PASTRANA
The Department of Communication and Media at Clarkson University invites applications for the full-time, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Digital Art within their innovative Digital Arts and Sciences program. Ideal candidates will approach coding and interactivity from a creative and experimental perspective, while being fully engaged in the aesthetic, technical, and theoretical concerns and challenges informing contemporary digital and visual culture. The candidate will serve to support curricular innovation, technological initiatives, and multidisciplinary collaborations within the department and across the university. Preference will be given to candidates able to teach in fields such as app and experimental game design and development; interactive installation art and physical computing; VR, AR and code-based approaches to 3D imagery and animation; data visualization; generative and algorithmic art. The position commences Fall of 2019.
The position will remain open until filled. Applications received by January 14, 2019 will receive full consideration.
Please include a link to a selection of artworks (max 20 image/video files) as well as a link to samples of student work (max 20 image/video files) as part of your cover letter.
- Terminal degree (M.F.A. or Ph.D) in relevant field of study.
- Strong track-record in creating and exhibiting and/or publishing code-based and emergent media artworks.
- Solid grounding in the theories and principles informing art & design and visual communication.
- Proficiency in teaching industry-standard 2D and 3D applications for digital imaging, time-based media, and interactivity (e.g. Adobe applications, Autodesk applications, Unity, Unreal.)
- At least two years of college-level teaching experience.
- Ability to complete essential classroom functions. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
About: Clarkson University is the nationally ranked research institution of choice for more than 3,400 enterprising, high-ability undergraduate and graduate students who launch remarkably successful careers.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.