MARÍA FERNANDA MORGAN TRINIDAD
MÓNICA LILIAN IBARRA REYES
NAYELI DANAE MAGAÑA PASTRANA
The Department of Art, Art History, and Design at Michigan State University is seeking to hire 1-2 assistant professors, instructors, or assistant instructors in the field of electronic art and intermedia, within studio art, to teach one or two sections of Introduction to Electronic Art for fall 2021 (contract start August 16, 2021).
Responsibilities include teaching Introduction to Electronic Art.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Studio Art, Graphic Design
- MA, MFA, or MDes in Studio Art or related field desired. BA/BFA in Studio Art or related field required.
- Experience teaching at the college level desired.
- Review of applications begins May 21, 2021. Applications must be submitted electronically to the Michigan State University Human Resources web site http://careers.msu.edu. Posting # 703919.
Required Application Materials
Qualified applicants should submit:
- a cover letter;
- current curriculum vitae and portfolio;
- a statement of teaching philosophy that highlights your alignment with some of our desired qualifications, including past course experience and sample syllabi;
- portfolio of student work of up to 20 images;
- a summary of your experience with diversity in the classroom and/or in your past or planned research endeavors, any experience mentoring diverse students or faculty, any experience mentoring diverse students or community outreach initiatives, and an explanation of how you will advance our goals of inclusive excellence and the names; and
- email addresses of 3 potential referees.
For more information, contact the Chair of the Search Committee, Karin Zitzewitz, email@example.com. For more information about the Department of Art, Art History, and Design, go to http://art.msu.edu.
Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation.
Review of Applications Begins On
The College of Arts & Letters promotes an academic and organizational culture which actively seeks out and strengthens diverse voices and perspectives among its members in order to achieve true excellence. The College of Arts & Letters is interested in candidates of all backgrounds who are committed to the principle that intellectual leadership is achieved through open access and pro-active inclusion.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: May 7, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 7, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time