This is a call for a Graphic Design Director of print editions for Media-N, Journal of the New Media Caucus
Detailed Job description:
Media-N, Journal of the New Media Caucus is searching for a graphic designer with production experience and familiar with InDesign, to occupy the position of Graphic Design Director for our print edition. The graphic designer will be responsible for making individual design and layout decisions for each Media-N print publication aligned with the current design formats and accompanying templates developed over the last three years.
We issue three publications a year (fall, spring and summer) and we use Lulu’s print-on-demand service for our print journal. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=853732
As part of the editorial team, the designer of the journal works closely with the Editor-in-Chief in a prescribed editorial workflow, meeting publication deadlines in synchronicity with the Web edition three times a year.
– Contact: Pat Badani, Editor-in-Chief: email@example.com
– This is a long-term, part-time, non-remunerated, volunteer position for a non-profit organization.
– This is an off-site position; we work remotely via email, Skype, and teleconferencing from various locations in the USA and abroad.
– Work Schedule: approximately 40 hours per edition; the designer has one month to complete each edition; 3 journals a year (Fall: October / November; Spring: April / May; Summer: July / August)
– Start date: November 2014.
– Further Details: The journal has between 80 to 120 pages, and the designer receives a compilation of text and images, all of which are provided by the Editor-in-Chief after thorough editing/copy-editing. Current InDesign Templates will be provided.