The Cube Art Project (CAP) Biannual International Digital Art Competition hosts it’s third exhibition on the Cube October 4, 2018. ALL ARTISTS are welcome including MACAA members (membership NOT required). We will host a screening event in conjunction with the 2018 Mid-America College Art Association Conference, Techne Expanding. We are seeking video art, animations, motion graphics, and other projects for screening on our large three dimensional monitor (the Cube). This 750 sq. ft. screen is seen by hundreds of people on a slow day, but it’s also right next to the Pinnacle Bank Arena which hosts enormous events that draws tens of thousands of people several times a week. This is a curated competition of artwork that is suitable for a public art audience. Wide latitude in genre and style are considered, however, priority is given to artworks that have a formal/ visual appeal. Selected videos will play continuously for 1 year.
- Projects should use a single channel .mp4 video file, named: Lastname_Firstname.mp4
- 936px wide by 288 px tall
- Videos not scaled to fill should letter box should prioritize left side (672px wide) and leave right blank (264px)
- Audio channels are OK and will play during the screening event
- Please add a credit clip to any video submitted.
- Artists may submit up to 5 works for $12.
For further information and to apply, visit our website.
About CAP: The Cube Art Project is a Digital Arts Initiative for the people of Nebraska. We continuously screen international, national and region art. This project is sponsored by the City of Lincoln, Lincoln Partners for Public Art and ColorKey Media LLC. Each year The Cube Art Project hosts two digital art competitions and we invite selected artists from around the world in an ongoing exhibition of digital art and moving images.