Designer needed for organizational website redesign
The New Media Caucus, a nonprofit affiliate organization of the College Art Association, seeks a designer to execute a redesign of our WordPress website (newmediacaucus.org), and to create a template for the online presence and print-on-demand versions of our journal, Media-N (median.newmediacaucus.org). The job entails a projected 30 – 40 hours of labor, and offers a flat fee of $1,500 and our eternal gratitude. Applicants should send a letter of interest, CV (or LinkedIn link), and links to a portfolio or relevant work to: Jessye McDowell, firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 1.
New Media Caucus website:
- Design an update for the NMC WordPress website that includes responsive readability for browser-based and mobile access, improved navigation, and structure for a clarified set of audiences and functions. These functions include news, organizational information, opportunities, and reviews as well as fund-raising campaigns.
- Suggest communication strategy for connecting site to other platforms communication.
- Design processes and goals for assessing audience engagement within and without membership.
- Design a style guide and manual that helps accomplish all the above in a way consistent with current New Media Caucus logotype and branding.
- Design banner, skin, and style guide for carrying New Media Caucus logotype and branding into a new implementation of the journal on the Open Journal Systems platform.
- Design a Microsoft Word template for submissions to journal that will translate to readable pdfs in digital or printed formats.
- Design a template for a wrapper for occasional compilations of journal articles into larger pdf “binders.”