The 10th International Festival of Contemporary Animation & Media-Art LINOLEUM. Fall 2015 Kiev/Ukraine
– encouraging and celebrating creativity among animators and media artists;
– popularization of contemporary animation and media art in Ukraine.
The Jury will select principal nominees during the Festival.
The winners will be awarded Grand-Prix, prizes and monetary prizes.
The Festival will be held with the support of «Michael Tsarev Art Projects» (Germany) and FILM.UA Group (Ukraine).
Total prize fund of the Festival is $5000.
The selection of works for the participation in the Fest will be carried out by the Organizing Committee and the Jury.
The names of the selected artists will be published on the official Linoleum webpage.
Conditions of Selection
The number of works presented by one participant is unlimited. The works are accepted without any strict thematic limitation, but under the common title “Cloud of Dust”.
Basic requirements of Organizing Committee to the competitive works are:
– must be completed in 2014-2015;
– no running time limitations;
– at least 30% animation;
– subtitled into English, Ukrainian or Russian (in case the submitted work is in a foreign language).
Your submitted work will not be returned to you or provided feedback on. The festival staff guarantees confidentiality of information and recognizes the authors’ intellectual property.
You can submit your work by July 31, 2015.
The committee will announce the names of the selected artists by August, 2014.
You can send a link to your project to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. a link to your work in a DVD format (VOB format or an archive containing a VIDEO_TS folder);
2. make sure you provide your work in the best video quality available (Full HD, HD), any format.
3. The link should contain the following information about your project. This information will be used in press-releases and catalogues:
– an application form (see the attachment);
– a short synopsis of your film (up to 500 symbols);
– a detailed synopsis of your work (optional);
– screenshots of your film (3 screenshots, 300 dpi resolution);
– photographs of the director and DoP (300 dpi resolution);
– contact information and a short bio of an artist or a studio CV;
– film transcripts (preferably).
We recommend that you use the following exchangers when you will send work through the Internet:
The possibility of acceptance of works on the film 16mm or 35mm is to be discussed with the Organizing Committee.
For any information about the competition and Fest please apply to the organizing committee of the Fest:
– e-mail: email@example.com