Call for Panel Proposals – CAA New York 2015
The New Media Caucus invites panel proposals for a 1.5-hour affiliated panel open session to be held during the 2015 College Art Association annual conference in New York. Proposals should be submitted by panel chairs who will organize the session including its call for submissions. The NMC Exhibitions & Events Committee will assist with providing liaison to CAA, administration, publicity, etc.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
- A completed Proposal Application Form – DOWNLOAD HERE
- 3-page CV, submitted as PDF
- 300 – 600 word abstract addressing:
- concept for the panel
- areas of investigation
- questions the panel will raise
- specific topic areas presenters might address
PUBLISHING REQUIREMENT: Media-N Journal of the New Media Caucus will publish a conference edition after the CAA conference, showcasing conference proceedings sponsored by the NMC. To this end, Chairs will be responsible for writing a report about the panel in addition to collecting, editing and arranging the materials from their panelists for the journal edition. Media-N offers flexibility regarding how to achieve the publishing requirement. Typically, some chairs and panelists choose to publish traditional papers, others prefer to create a transcript of the presentation and discussion, or to publish an interview format. Once a panel is accepted, the Editor-in-Chief of Media-N will contact the chair(s) to further discuss and plan for the publishing requirement. All materials for publication must be completed by mid-April after the conference.
- Two people may apply as co-chairs.
- Multiple proposals are not accepted
- Panel chairs (and panelists) must be NMC members. There are no membership fees. JOIN NMC
- Panel chairs (and panelists) do not need to be CAA members.
- NMC does not fund conference fees, transportation, or hotels for chairs or panelists.
- 1.5 hour sessions at CAA are free and open to the public.
- Chairing or presenting during a 1.5 hour session does not disqualify you from chairing a panel or serving as a panelist in 2.5 hour session at CAA
TIMELINE: Peer review will occur shortly after the deadline. Notification of acceptance will be late May. The chosen panel will be submitted to CAA in early June.
DEADLINE: Email submissions by May 9th, 2014 to Elizabeth Demaray email@example.com