We are proud to announce that Hunter College of the City University of New York will host the eighth annual NMC Showcase during CAA 2017 on Thursday February 16th, 2017. The NMC showcase is a series of rapid-fire presentations by 16 NMC members (6 minute presentations). It has proven to be a great forum to get to know the work of a number of fellow members in a lively atmosphere and a great way to present your work to like-minded individuals. Several spots are reserved for graduate students currently enrolled in an MFA or PHD program. How you use the 6 minutes is up to you – show one project or a dozen – finished or in-process work. Presenters are chosen by lottery. You must apply via email to be considered by December 12, 2016. Only members that have not participated in the showcase in the past three years are eligible. If you are selected, your attendance and presentation is required at the NMC showcase. We publish simultaneous web and print on demand CAA Conference Editions yearly that includes the NMC Showcase. The participants are asked to submit a statement, work samples and presentation by January 30, 2017.
2017 NMC SHOWCASE (16 NMC members)
- Date/Time: 7-9pm (presentation), 9-10pm (conversation) on February 16, 2017
- Address: Hunter College, Main Campus (25 min walk from the Hilton)
- Lang Auditorium
- 695 Park Ave at 68th street
- New York, NY 10065
- NMC Showcase Event and Exhibition Committee
- Scott Conard, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christina Freeman, Hunter College of the City University of New York email@example.com
- Hye Young Kim, Winston-Salem State University firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ENTER
- Contents: Name, Statue (FT professor, PT professor, Graduate Student, Independent Artist or Scholar), Contact (email, website), Attendance for 2017 NMC Showcase
- Please send Hye Young Kim email@example.com an email indicating that you would like to be entered into the lottery for the NMC Showcase.
- Application Deadline: Monday December 12, 2016
- Notification: Monday, December 19, 2016
- Confirmation Email: Monday, January 9, 2017 (Please confirm your acceptance and attendance)
- Presentation/Statement/Work Sample Submission Deadline: Monday, January 30, 2017
- - Presentation Materials (6min with PPT, Keynote, QT files, etc)
- - A statement (upto 300 words) and work samples (5 images and/or video links/website links)
- - Please submit all materials via email firstname.lastname@example.org (under 10MB), WeTransfer (over 10MB upto 2GB) or DropBox link. All materials are on one computer for the presentations for 16 members.