ISEA2019 in partnership with Asia Culture Center warmly welcome artists working at the intersection of art and technology to create works addressing the themes of ISEA2019. Along with the ACC ACT studio, in which lab projects on Mixed Reality, Media Surface, Kinetic Art and A.I. Visual & Sound will take place, we expect a lively interaction and networking between artists, technicians, developers, researchers as well as fruitful results. The program is open for artists to propose all kinds of innovative concepts and ideas in relation to the themes of ISEA2019: Aeternitas, Symphonia, Illuminatio, and Penumbra. All forms and media are open for consideration.
- Residency Duration: April-June, 2019 (around 2 months, minimum 4 weeks)
*Applicants should be able to participate in the residency program for at least four weeks, including the week ISEA2019 takes place. The duration of the residency will be discussed with the finalists.
- Residency Venue: Asia Culture Center, 38 Munhwajeondang-ro, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
- Supports: Flight, Accommodation, Art Production (studio space, access to the technical facilities/equipment, opportunity to participate in the Lab program)
- Application Period: 15 September – 31 October 2018
- Application Deadline: 31 October 2018 11:59pm (KST)
The results of the residency will be showcased at the Asia Culture Center during ISEA2019. Deliverables expected from successful applicants include:
- Artist Presentation for the general public and professional networking
- Open Studio at the Asia Culture Center, Gwangju
- Documentation and behind-the-scenes interview created in conjunction with artist
- Group juried exhibition of all artist-residents at Asia Culture Center during ISEA2019.
FOR MORE INFORMATION (Submission Guideline)
ISEA is one of the world’s most prominent international arts and technology events, bringing together scholarly, artistic, and scientific domains in an interdisciplinary discussion and showcase of creative productions applying new technologies in art, interactivity, and electronic and digital media.
We welcome various proposals from academics, artists and professionals for ISEA2019. We hope to see you at ISEA2019, next June in Gwangju, South Korea.