Art2Code is a catalog that will exhibit the work of artists who use computer programming and code to create work that manifests as screen imagery, sculptural objects, installation environments, or time-based performance.
The collected artworks will highlight the various ways algorithms and computer coded instructions are used to create artwork that expands the interactive relationships between art, artists and audience.
The College Art Association and the artists collective, v1b3, will distribute the printable PDF catalog. Each project will link to thev1b3 website where additional media will be available and the catalog can be downloaded.
Previous v1b3 and CAA collaborations include catalog projects Scan2Go, Art2View, Art2Make and Art2Drone. The projects can be viewed at http://www.v1b3.com.
August 15th – Call for Participation sent through CAA, NMC, iDMAa, UFVA, ISEA, Rhizome, and other artist networks
October 16 – Deadline
October 30 – Notification to Participants
February 3-6th – Project Launch At CAA Conference in Washington D.C.
Please submit all elements and/or questions to “submit [at] v1b3.com.“
- Project Statement [300 words]
- Artist Bio [200 words]
- Web link to project
- Web link to creative or professional site
- jpeg key image of the work
- Text based code sample from the project and/or complete code that can be posted to the artist’s page in the project catalog and website.
- Project element/s (could include – video documentation [provide links], additional photographs, diagrams, sketches, documentation of project ephemera)