Words are everywhere.
In each sphere of society, they reflect our thoughts, reflexions and ideas.
Spoken or written, they convey stories, information and messages.
The only exception to this hegemony of words is arts.
Painting, sculpture, music, photography, installation and video art are the only mediums that are able to convey a message without the use of words.
“Without Words Film Festival” celebrates once a year since 2014, video art that uses words only to announce its title and author.
“Without Words Film Festival” takes place at the end of November at University of Lorraine, Ile du Saulcy in Metz (France).
It begins with a special contest open to Lorraine University students.
Each year, the members of the jury of “Without Words Film Festival” reward the three videos they prefer.
The theme of “Without Words Film Festival” 2015 is: “Time distorsions”.
1) Deadline to send your videos : September 15, 2015, exclusively by review link (vimeo, youtube, etc.)
2) There is no entry fee
3) Each author can send a maximum of 2 videos
4) The videos sent must be related to the theme “Time distorsions” and must not have been produced before 2013
5) The submitted videos have to last between one and ten minutes
6) If selected, the author will be asked to send a HD quicktime file by wetransfer
7) The result of selections will be communicated to the artists in November 2015
8) Required information to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org :
– Year of production
– Review link