Deadline to Apply: Feb 22, 2019
Associate/Full Professor of Digital Arts in the School of Art at Bowling Green State University – a community of artists and scholars committed to fostering discourse, action, collaboration and creativity. We invite applications from individuals devoted to collaborative team building, respect for diverse points of view and an ability to create an academic environment based on inclusivity. Teaching, research, and service record must meet School of Art and BGSU criteria for tenure. Start date: August 19, 2019.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Position duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in 3D animation and/or gaming, immersive technologies/virtual environments and related subjects. Candidates must possess the ability to locate contemporary issues in Digital Arts in a range of historical/cultural contexts and maintain an ongoing professional studio practice and/or scholarly activity.
– MFA degree or equivalent in Digital Arts, animation or a related discipline
– 6 years college level teaching experience
– Research/exhibition record at the national/international level
– Experience with 3D animation and gaming in relation to fine arts
– Familiarity with the principles and history of animation and/or gaming, as demonstrated by professional and student work
– Proficiency with gaming and/or animation software such as: Maya, Unity, Adobe Products, Mudbox / ZBrush, as demonstrated by professional and student work.
– Advanced expertise in 3D animation and/or gaming, as demonstrated by professional and student work
– Experience in immersive technologies/virtual environments, as demonstrated by professional and student work.
– Experience in one or more of the following: 2D animation, stop-motion, motion graphics, concept / visual development, storyboarding, compositing, game design, video, interactive art, programming, physical computing or installation art, as demonstrated by professional and student work.
– Experience with additional media areas within Digital Arts and/or teaching art foundations.
– Experience with higher education administration and leadership
– Industry experience related to digital art, animation, or gaming
Need More Information? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bowling Green State University School of Art and Digital Arts Program is NASAD accredited and for 75 years has been nurturing a community of artists and scholars dedicated to fostering interdisciplinary discourse, action, collaboration, and creative practice that is historically and culturally informed and responsive to contemporary social, environmental, and ethical issues.
The School offers BA, BFA, and MFA degrees in Digital Arts with four tracks: 1) Digital Animation (2D and 3D) & Video. 2) Imaging and experimental printing. 3) Interactive Art for screen-based, online and mobile devices as well as installation. 4) Hybrid Media including virtual environments, interactive and video installation, physical computing, gaming, and augmented reality. For more information on the School and its Digital Arts division visit: https://www.bgsu.edu/arts-and-sciences/school-of-art.html