ASSISTANT TECHNOLOGY COORDINATOR
CENTRAL MEDIA, CRANBROOK ACADEMY OF ART
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
40 hours/week, September–May
Reports to Technology Coordinator/Central Media Lab Manager
SUMMARY: The position assists the Technology Coordinator in providing student support and equipment maintenance for the Academy’s high-end Apple and PC-based creative hardware and software, both print and time-based. The Assistant Technology Coordinator ensures that students have effective and successful experiences using the hardware and software, and that the Academy’s investment in the high-end equipment is protected. This position also oversees a lecture hall (deSalle Auditorium) during the school year, including the deSalle YouTube channel, Zoom lectures, and all recording of lectures as well as livestreaming support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversees the deSalle Auditorium during the school year, keeping all software and equipment up to date; provides AV support for in-person lectures.
- Oversees the deSalle YouTube channel and all recording of lectures, livestreaming lectures, as well as technical support for Zoom webinars.
- Provides software instruction and troubleshooting to a diverse population of AIRs, students, and staff.
- Optimizes and maintains equipment and software; performs scheduled software updates on Central Media Lab managed workstations.
- Continuously seeks self-education on new technological trends, creative software, and equipment options.
- Makes recommendations for new equipment/software to the Technology Coordinator to enhance the Academy’s program.
- Must have a flexible schedule and willingness to work evenings and weekends to support lectures and events in deSalle Auditorium or over Zoom.
- Help direct the work of the Work-Study Lab Assistants in the Central Media Lab and oversee and schedule Work-Study AV Assistants in deSalle Auditorium.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: Requires a general knowledge of audio/video production and experience in operating and troubleshooting audio/visual equipment for lectures, concerts, and other events. Working knowledge of application suites offered by Apple, Adobe, and Microsoft Office. A working knowledge of studio lighting, camera, and audio/video production staging. Experience with supporting digital printing workflows. A high level of skill with printer maintenance. Experience with preparing user instructions for complex equipment. Must have at minimum an associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field; BFA or MFA degree preferred.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application for employment to email@example.com. The application for employment is available at https://www.cranbrook.edu, the Employment tab, Download: Staff Application.
Position open until filled.
Cranbrook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. As an EEO employer, Cranbrook’s policy is that employment-related decisions shall be made without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Cranbrook Academy of Art is an independent graduate degree-granting institution offering an intense studio-based experience where artists-in-residence mentor students in art, architecture and design to creatively influence contemporary culture worldwide.