The New Media Caucus invites proposals for our affiliated panel session to be held during the 2021 College Art Association annual conference in New York City.
Panels should reflect New Media Caucus' mandate of promoting the development and understanding of new media art with an emphasis on contemporary or emerging technologies. We are particularly interested in panels that address or engage with underrepresented populations reflecting our commitment to embodying the diversity of new media.
Proposals that are not been selected as the official NMC panel may be considered for NMC programming in the CAA MediaLounge. Please indicate in your proposal whether you’d like your submission to be considered for MediaLounge programming.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: April 19th, 2020 @ 11:59 pm PST
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
Please submit the following as a single PDF
- Abstract (500 words) addressing:
- Panel concept
- Areas of investigation and questions the panel will raise
- Suggested panelists
- Y/N for consideration for NMC CAA MediaLounge programming if not selected as official NMC panel
- Diversity statement (250 words) addressing:
- Please address how your proposed panel relates to the NMC diversity statement (see below)
- 3-page maximum CV of panel convener(s)
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Proposals should be uploaded via the Proposal Submission form. Please contact Byron Rich with any questions at email@example.com.
Submission form URL: https://forms.gle/2LJzi5it7DN6KfGAA
DIVERSITY STATEMENT: The New Media Caucus is committed to extending and sustaining the diversity of our community, board, and membership, to promote an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. We prioritize inclusion as an ongoing collaborative process of growth that we continually address, both within the Caucus and in our field.