Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) presents an online exhibition open call with the theme of “OUR FUTURE”.
ABOUT EXHIBITION THEME
Art can express a stunning array of diverse and compelling perspectives capturing humanity’s resilience and undaunted hope for a brighter future; a profound awareness of our interconnectedness; a deep aspiration for equality, justice, and inclusion; and a sense of awe for nature’s beauty and its power to sustain all life.
We are calling on artists worldwide to share their views and suggestions about the future by answering the question: Within the context of the “new normal” that has unfolded post-COVID-19, and as we plan and re-build to recovery, what does the future look like to you?
November 30, 2022 – January 7, 2023
November 15, 2022
November 20, 2022
There is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the submitted works should respond to the exhibition theme “OUR FUTURE”.
SELECTED ARTISTS WILL WIN
- artworks show at a 3D virtual exhibition;
- Chinese-English bilingual online viewing room at our website;
- artworks present on international art platform: ARTLAND;
- Chinese-English bilingual artist promotion on Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account, Art Express App, ZAIYI App and Xiaohongshu, on the platform: MEDIUM, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
- priority to our further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events.
ARTISTS WHO SUBMITTED WORKS
- All artists will be considered for any further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events;
- Submitted works will be promoted to our social media if we think suitable.
- Artist retains the sole copyright for the images;
- Submitted images can be available for public viewing on our website and social media, including in relation to promotional activities for the exhibition;
- All display images will be credited with artists’ name.
$20 for 2 works;
$35 for 4 works;
$50 for 6 works.
Submission fees are non-refundable.
HOW TO SUBMIT
For any questions when submitting, please email us: email@example.com
Founded in 2008, Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, which is the most important art zone in Chongqing, next door to one of China’s top art university — Sichuan Fine Arts Institute.
Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese and international contemporary art. With an open attitude towards the global art scene and unique art vision, Independent & Image Art Space endeavors to participate in the practices of Chinese contemporary art development, especially to improve a deeper understanding of contemporary art in our society.
During the years, we have held numerous solo and group exhibitions for our artists as well as international cultural exchange events, displaying the artworks of photography, painting, sculpture, installation, new media art, etc. We present during the exhibitions related thematic lectures, seminars and workshops.