Apply online by midnight June 30, 2015. Commission recipients will be announced on September 1.
For the sixth annual call for proposals, Triple Canopy is pleased to announce a partnership with New York Public Library Labs, which will support two commissions. Triple Canopy invites applicants to propose projects that engage a collection or body of materials, physical or digital, in the NYPL’s holdings. Applicants are asked to consider archival material both critically and imaginatively, in its capacity to evidence past events and practices as well as to form the basis for new creative work. Individuals pursuing research toward an MA or PhD thesis may not apply with a proposal that encompasses or includes their degree-related work.
Recipients of commissions will receive:
- Eight to twelve months of artistic, editorial, and technical support;
- Six months of access to one of the research study rooms at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building;
- Access to reference librarians for one-on-one consultations;
- An honorarium of $2,000;
- The opportunity to present work related to the commission as a public program hosted by the NYPL;
- Coordination and production of any print publication or live event that results from the recipient’s work;
- The opportunity for inclusion in Triple Canopy’s annual print anthology, Invalid Format;
- Archiving of materials and long-term maintenance of any online version of the project by Triple Canopy in partnership with New York University’s Fales Library and Special Collections.