The Department of Communication, Media & Design at Clarkson University invites applications for a Visiting Professor position in Digital Art within its Digital Arts and Sciences program.
We seek a colleague who embraces coding and interactivity within a creative practice that engages with the contemporary critical discourses that inform visual and digital culture. The successful candidate will have opportunities to effect curricular innovation and shape technological initiatives and multidisciplinary collaborations within the department and across the university. Preference will be given to candidates able to teach in one or more of the following fields: generative, interactive and algorithmic art practices; app and game design and development; VR/AR/XR and code-based approaches to 3D imagery and animation.
• Terminal degree (M.F.A. or Ph.D) in a relevant field of study.
• Active track record of exhibition and/or publication.
• Proficiency in teaching computer programming within a creative context.
• Solid grounding in the theories and principles informing art & design.
• Proficiency in teaching 2D and 3D applications for digital imaging, time-based media and interactivity (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Adobe CC, and Autodesk applications).
• Cover letter
• Résumé (including proficiencies and teaching experiences in programming languages and coding environments)
• Work samples must be provided via link on cover letter
Review of applications will begin on March 6th and continue until the position is filled.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
With its main campus in Potsdam, New York, Clarkson University is a private, national research university that is a leader in technological education and sustainable economic development through teaching, scholarship, research and innovation.